Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fin.

After about 27 hours of travel, we made it home safe!! We had no troubles coming home and I even played a few tunes in the London airport... This time I had a couple people come up and say they enjoyed the tunes! :)

During the flight from London to San Francisco, there was an adorable little boy named Calum sitting in front of me. He spent part of the flight leaning over his seat and holding my hand....he is going to be an absolute heart breaker so watch out!! ;)

The BBC interview went quite well! It will be aired next week Saturday on "Take the Floor", hosted by Robbie Sheperd! If you would like to listen, this is the link to the website: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0079g5m
The show will be on the website for one week in case you can't listen on Saturday. This week, Robbie played a short piece of all the competitors. Next week, in the last 30 minutes of the show, will be my interview and performance from the competition.

This trip was an absolutely incredible experience!! I learned so much in such a short time, and I cannot wait to go back! Being in Scotland and talking with the people has made me realize that there is so much knowledge and so many stories that must be kept alive. The culture and history of the music is essential in playing the tunes with true feeling. I cannot wait until I go back and will have time to write down all these stories of the tunes and learn as much as I possibly can...

Thank you for keeping up with this blog throughout my trip! I'm sorry if you've tried to post comments and have not been able to... I didn't realize it but apparently you need a gmail account to post.

Since this is the end of my trip, I will no longer be using this blog. Please keep up to date on my website: http://www.rebeccalomnicky.com/


Thank you to everyone for all your support and the lovely emails I've received!


Best wishes,
Rebecca